Gas Safe Registered
This means that whenever a gas engineer carries out work on your property, by law they must be on the Gas Safe Register.
Gas safety in the home and workplace is not something you can compromise. If you don’t have your gas appliances checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer you are risking your life. The Gas Safe Register exists to ensure gas safety for you, your family and your property.
Terms & Conditions for Heating system installation
Terms and Conditions for your Dormouse Heating Services Ltd Central Heating Installation Quotation and Agreement
- Standard Installation means the minimum work required to install a boiler to Gas Safe requirements i.e. remove old boiler, install new boiler, condensate, horizontal flue & waste collection.
What your agreement includes:
Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms and conditions on which we will deal with each other when you have accepted the quotation for Dormouse Heating Services Ltd to install central heating equipment in your home or property.
1. We undertake to carry out the work specified for the amount quoted, subject to the following terms and conditions. All prices include VAT at the current rate.
2. The quotation is valid at the time of quotation and will expire if not accepted by you within 28 days and in any event is always subject to installation taking place within 45 days of the date the quotation is accepted.
3. The quoted price does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste material, such as asbestos, which could not have been reasonably foreseen when we made the original quotation and which we only become aware of when doing the work. Such work will be at an extra cost. When you have had any asbestos removed, a clean air certificate must be provided before we will do any further work at your property.
4. We will carry out all the work during our normal business hours, which are 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. If you want us to work outside our normal working hours, it may be necessary for us to make an additional charge which we will agree with you in advance.
5. The time quotation provided for doing the work is our best quotation and we will make every reasonable effort to complete the work on time. However, we cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. In such situations, we will revise with you the time quotation we originally provided.
6. We may require you to take up all or some carpets and floor coverings, including parquet hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, before we start the work and we will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do so.
7. We will take reasonable care to carry out the work without causing unnecessary damage to your property. While we will make good unnecessary damage directly caused by our negligence, you accept that the installation and related work may cause damage to furnishings both internally and externally and that certain areas may need redecoration following completion of the installation. Redecoration will be your responsibility and is not included in the quoted price.
8. If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord's permission to carry out the work detailed in the quotation. In the absence of your advice to the contrary, we will assume that you have made enquiry and obtained permission where required. We shall not have any liability for unauthorised works and you indemnify us for any losses howsoever arising that we incur from your failure to obtain such permission.
9. If your property is a listed building, you may need planning permission to carry out the work detailed in the quotation. In the absence of your advice to the contrary, we will assume that you have made enquiry and obtained permission where required. We shall not have any liability for unauthorised works and you indemnify us for any losses howsoever arising that we incur from your failure to obtain such permission.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure before we start the work, that there is adequate gas and electricity supply to your property as required. If necessary, we can put you in touch with a gas or electricity transporter to arrange this.
11. Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, we will not accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system which subsequently develops faults in that system unless we have been negligent in not realising that such damage may occur or the way we carried out the work caused the fault. Nor will we accept responsibility where your central heating system does not function properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or the water pressure is variable.
12. At our discretion, insofar as required to remove sludge and other waste from your central heating system, we may include a heating filter with your boiler installation. If a heating filter is or will be insufficient, we may recommend that you aquire the services of a specialist contractor to deep clean your system.
13. Equipment we install may come with separate manufacturer's warranty. You are responsible for checking whether a separate warranty applies to the equipment we install and maintaining any such warranty with the manufacturer directly.
14. We do not accept liability if we cannot fulfil our side of the agreement for reasons which are beyond our control, such as fire, accidents, war, adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes and lock outs which we are not directly involved in.
15. To carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may need to use sub-contractors. All sub-contractors are approved by Dormouse Heating Services Ltd, are fully qualified and Gas Safe registered (formerly CORGI registered). All sub-contractors carry identity cards.
16. The deposit shown on your quotation must be paid when you place your order. You must pay the balance of the quoted price when we have finished the installation unless you have made alternative arrangements for payment with Dormouse Heating Services Ltd.
17. Notice of the Right to Cancel
You are entitled to cancel this agreement. If you are contemplating cancellation, please call 01664 772 247. If you wish to cancel, you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send by RECORDED DELIVERY or REGISTERED POST To Dormouse Heating Services Ltd, 3 Suffolk Close, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1DQ or by e-mail to DormouseHeating@gmail.com at any time WITHIN 7 DAYS starting from the date the quotation is signed. Notice of cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted or sent to us or, in the case of electronic communication, from the date it is sent to us. You may use the form attached to this agreement if you want to but you do not have to. If you wish to cancel this agreement after the cancellation period, we will retain the deposit you have paid to cover the costs we have incurred. Dormouse Heating Services Ltd may cancel the agreement with immediate effect at any time by providing you with written notice. If we cancel the agreement without good reason, we will pay you any reasonable costs or losses you incur as a direct result of the cancellation.
18.The quotation together with these terms and conditions set out the entire agreement between you and Dormouse Heating Services Ltd.
19.Third Party rights: nobody other than you will be able to benefit from this agreement.
20. Use of Personal Information
20.1 We or our agents may use information about you to:
- Identify you when you contact us so that we know exactly who we are speaking to;
- Help run, and contact you about improving the way we run, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, provide now or may provide in the future (we may also contact you by e-mail or text message if you have given us these contact details);
- Help to prevent and detect fraud or loss
- Contact you in any way (including by post, e-mail, phone, text or multimedia messages or visiting you) about products and services we offer.
20.2 We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you:
- To help to prevent and detect debt, fraud, or loss (for example by giving this information to a credit-reference agency). If you do not pay your debt, we may transfer your debt to another organisation and give them details about you and that debt;
- If we have been asked (for example by Ofgem or a lawyer) to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- As part of current or future legal action;
- As part of government data-sharing initiatives; or
20.4 We may use your information to help train our staff. We may also monitor and record any communications we have with you (including phone conversations and e-mails) to make sure that we are providing a good service and to make sure we are meeting our legal and regulatory duties.
20.5 We may pass your address, property and postcode, and details of your gas appliances, flue, hot-water cylinder, system controls and electrical installations (including details of any repairs or removals) to organisations that supervise these activities including Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited (previously CORGI) and the ECA (Electrical Contractors Association). These organisations may pass this information to local authorities to meet building regulations. They may also use this information to contact you to inspect appliances or systems, recall faulty products and carry out audits, and for health and safety purposes. Where appropriate, we will give you or the property owner (or both) a certificate to show that your appliances and so on meet building regulations.
Dormouse Heating Services Ltd Employees are employed to undertake installation, servicing and repair work to ensure the safe and efficient operation of central heating and domestic appliances. They have a duty of care to give good advice which could involve the recommendation to purchase additional products or services from Dormouse Heating Services Ltd in the interest of safety, efficiency or economy. The employees are paid an annual salary & do not directly benefit from additional products/services purchased by customers.
Government law and jurisdiction
The terms and conditions for all products and services are written in English and all correspondence entered into shall be in English. Your agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. Dormouse Heating Services Ltd is the trading name of Dormouse Heating Services Ltd, registered in England No. 7539947.
Notice of Cancellation
Complete, detach and return this form ONLY IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL YOUR CENTRAL HEATING INSTALLATION AGREEMENT. Return it by RECORDED DELIVERY or REGISTERED POST, within seven days of the date the quotation is accepted, to Dormouse Heating Services Ltd, 3 Suffolk Close, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1DQ
I hereby give notice that I wish to cancel my central heating installation agreement in accordance with clause 17. Please help us by writing your reasons for cancellation below.
Customer's Full Name
Full Postal Address
Tel No (including STD code)